Can Capsular Contracture or Bruises Be Reason for a Breast Not to Drop? (photo)

I had my BA one month ago and my left breast is not dropped yet, I feel at the bottom a flat and hard edge when I massage it and since I had so many bruises after the surgery I was wondering if this could be a cause of capsular contracture. I had blood coming down even on my middle chest down the breasts.

Post BBA

+2

No doubt you have a fair bit of bruising.   Perhaps a bit more than normal.  Nonetheless, it is far too early to worry.  Give it time to settle.  Normally around 3 months things are starting to get to their final softness.  It might be a little longer given the bruising.  As far as a capsule, it is far too early for that to be distorting things.  Patience.  Patience. 

Bruising is common after augmentation

+2

Bruising in the lower breast or down on to the chest is common after augmentation and not a cause of capsular contraction unless there is bleeding or hematoma as well. Four weeks is early for capsular contracture so see your surgeon for followup.

4 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+2

You look good for 4 weeks after surgery with regards to the location of your implants.  I don't think you have capsular contracture either.  You do have a lot of bruising - but you have to be patient to get the results you want.  It takes every minute of 4-6 weeks for the implants to drop and during that time, they NEVER look even.  It then takes 3 months before the breasts are nice and soft and look/feel like natural breasts.  Hang in there!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry and not droppping?

+2

Hello LizMiss and thanks for your post. I do see slight asymmetry of your breasts which I suspect are a reflection of your preoperative anatomy. Please post your before photos for comparison. So far, the results look great to me. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Whats Best, to Prevent Capsular Contraction. over or Under Muscle?

+2

This looks like a nice outcome at 4 weeks. It is too early to have a capsular contracture. The bruising does not look extensive enough to lay any blame. Many patients who wind up even are not yet symmetric by this time.

Patience. 

Follow up with your surgeon.

All the best. 

Too early

+1
One month is still too early postop. It usually takes three months to completely settle in. I would recommend massaging that side more aggressively for the next couple of weeks in order to try to catch left side to right side. Your nipple is also higher on that left side which may contribute to it looking higher. Unless there was a lot of blood in the pocket, it is unlikely the cause of a capsular contracture. 

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Can Capsular Contracture or Bruises Be Reason for a Breast Not to Drop?

+1

I think you have a lot of bruising and swelling.  It will take some time for that bruising to go away and see your result.  I would wait a few months before judging your appearance.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD