Inserted 335cc Gummy Bear Implants and I Am Still an A Cup. Why is That? (photo)

I was previously a mildly tuberous A cup and I really wanted to become a full C... I know there is scoring and everything else that I know you'd have to do for the tuberosity however I am 4 days post op and if its going to get any smaller than this I might not even fit into the A cup bras that I've always had. I am 5"4 155pounds. The implants were 335cc gummy bears under the muscle.

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Why am I still an A-cup after augmentation?

+1
Thanks for your question. This is a common problem with sizing for augmentation. Patients often want to be a cup size that is not necessarily what they turn out. Cup sizes are very arbitrary, and your postoperative size is more based on volume than traditional breast and bra sizes. It's physically impossible to still be in an A-cup bra after 330 mL of implant is placed. In general each 150 mL is one cup size. Give it time, you will likely be a C cup bra and have a very natural look once you have healed and the skin tissue has had time to relax. Good luck.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

You need to give it at least 4 weeks, or may be 4 months!

+1

At 4 days postop it is very hard to tell anything, and it is very often the case that I am fooled into thinking that the implants are too small at that stage.  This is because the swelling creates a sort of optical illusion with proportions, and until that settles down you can't really tell anything.  In addition, if you started out with tuberous breasts, they may need additional time to accommodate the implants just because of the tension and constriction of the tissues.  The main thing here is BE PATIENT and listen to your surgeon's instructions.  Size change is not an emergency.

Inserted 335cc Gummy Bear Implants and I Am Still an A Cup. Why is That?

+1

Need before and after posted photos to respond. But my guess too small of implant choice. Best to discuss with your surgeon. 

Post-augment size

+1

Trust me! You are not an  A cup.  You have plenty of cleavage and the implants have to "relax".  I think you are worrying unnecessarily and that you should relax. Also, please remember that it will take time for you to adapt to the new size and shape of the breasts.  You shouldn't rush to judgment for at least six months.  Particularly if tuberosity is an issue, time is the best healer!

Tuberous Breast and Implants

+1

I don't think you will be an A cup - it may have to do with the location of the implants at this time.  When they are first placed, your muscle pushes them up very high.  So as you are looking at yourself at this point, your breast tissue may look small because the implant is not yet right behind it.  It takes a full month for the implant to settle down into the pocket.  At about 6 weeks, you can get measured and see what bra size you are.  Hang in there!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Size after Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the photos and  details on your size and the implants. You should allow some time for the operation changes to unfold as your tissues relax.

A 335cc increase in your frame will not leave you an 'A' even if you began flat chested.

Reasons for the tightness are several: firstly, garments postop are designed to provide support and balanced compression to minimise bruising/collections and maintain the position of the implants - this will cause extrinsic compression of the result. Second, the upper poles of your implants are under the muscle and that will relax. Lastly, tuberous breast features include a constricted breast base and deficient lower breast poles. These last two are providing intrinsic compression to your implants.

Give it time and I'm sure it will improve.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Dr Kevin Ho

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

335 cc Implant volume and A cup size?

+1

You should not be an A cup after having a breast augmentation with 335 cc implants.  Let things settle down and heal first.

Bra cup size after augment for tuberose breasts

+1

Hi,

I usually tell my tuberose breast patients that it takes at least six months for final breast shape to begin to become apparent.

Bra cup size depends as much on breast shape definition as it does on volume. The overlying soft tissues need time to stretch and accommodate to your new breast volume.

I think you will be much happier with your result if you give your breasts that extra time to settle in.

I understand that it's hard to be patient after all you've been through but at this stage it's early to be making an assessment of results.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Questions about breast implant size.

+1

Your concerns and anxiety about your breast size are certainly understandable.  If you use a 355 mL implant this would be expected to increase your breast size by about 1 1/2 cup sizes. At first the muscle is going to flatten your implants.  This will initially make your size appear smaller.  Give it some time and you should get a nice result.