My Nose is Slowly Growing Downwards and Has Affected my Smile. Can This Be Easily Fixed?

it seems to be growing further down over the years, i am now coming up to 35 and it seems worse the older i get, my nose is pushing my top lip further over my nice white teeth and now my smile is hidden. I think its more of the cartilage that is big.

Fixing nose tip that is growing downwards

+1

Rhinoplasty could involve reshaping and lifting the tip, releasing the depressor septi muscle the tip won’t droop upon smiling, remove any cartilage humps, and reduce the overall appearance of the nose. It will also give the illusion of having a longer upper lip. Osteotomies are performed to narrow the nasal bones once the hump has been removed. Sometimes a cartilaginous strut is placed in the tip of the nose to give further strength and support to prevent the tip from drooping back down. 

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Nose Growing Downward

+1

The nose always sags as we age. This will make the nose longer and the profile line more convex. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will make the necessary changes, lifting the tip with or without reducing the bridge.  

Nose grows with age, becoming longer & droopy

+1

Hi 3201anon in uk,

The nose continues to grow with age, with the highest rate of growth during the teenager years. Rhinoplasty procedures exist that will help reduce or elevate the droopy tip. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to perform a comprehensive evaluation and help you to determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal tip work is routinely performed in rhinoplasty.  Tip shape and size can be altered to reduce the size or refine its features.  Remember the dorsum may need to altered to give balance to the tip and dorsum.

Dr. ES

Correcting a Droopy Nose

+1
A photograph would have been very useful and would have generated a lot more specific comments to your situation. That being said, our noses BOTH lengthen and droop with age. Most such noses are seen in Middle Eastern noses with very large lower lateral cartilages (making up the tip of the nose). A nose surgery can readily refine the tip of the nose and reposition the tip in its rightful position. Consult several Plastic surgeons to get as much information as you can before going ahead. Dr. Peter Aldea

The tip of your nose will tend to droop with age, and Rhinoplasty Surgery may correct this.

+1

It is common to notice a lenghthening of your nose as you enter your mid-30s. The tip droops, and these age-related changes are in part due to the effect of gravity. Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may address this bu rotating your tip back to a more youthful position.

All the best from NJ

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Nose is Slowly Growing Downwards and Has Affected my Smile. Can This Be Easily Fixed

+1

I never state any rhinoplasty is easy, even the simple ones. I always take my time in planning the operation and during the operation review my plan each step of the way. Best of luck 

Rhinoplasty can be done on "mature" adults with a sagging tip.

+1

Yes, rhinoplasty is commonly done for a nose that is starting to sag as we get older. This is not a complicated procedure. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and talk to his patients to get the best result.

Rhinoplasty and Telling the Truth Will Help the Nose that Seems to be Growing Downward

+1

Hi Pinocchio,

It is very common for the nose to appear to "grow downwards" with age.  The connective tissue attachments that hold the nasal cartilages up weaken, the tip drops a little, and the dorsal "hump" appears to grow as it is more convex.  There is also some bone loss in the maxilla (the bone under the upper lip), which results in decreased support of the nasal tip.  Fortunately, your concerns can be corrected with a properly performed rhinoplasty by an experienced and skilled surgeon.  Choose your surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.  And as for Pinocchio, not sure if telling the truth helps, but it certainly won't hurt!

Dr. P

Nasal changes

+1

The nose grows over a lifetime as do the ears.  However, that being said, the nose shoudl not be growing significantly.  But, the tip may be sagging and this can be corrected.