How Long Should I Take Arnica Montana and Bromelain for Rhinoplasty Swelling?

I had rhinplasty about a month ago and i have very thick skin. My nose is still very swollen. I decided to buy both arnica montana and bromelain because i hear they are both great for swelling. But i was wondering how long should i take them? i read that you only suppose to take Arnica for a week and Bromelain for 2 weeks. But i have been taking Arnica for a week and my nose is still very swollen should i stop taking them or not?

Arnica and Bromelain after rhinoplasty

+3

Arnica montana and bromelain are used to decrease swelling in the early post operative period, and are usually started immediately after surgery. If you notice no significant response at this point, you are probably best advised to discontinue their use. Always check with your surgeon before starting any medication, even homeopathic ones.

Bromolene and Arnica to Decrease Swelling in Thick Skinned Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Brown,

At this point, 4 weeks after rhinoplasty, I do not believe that the Anica and or bromolene are doing much to help with your "swelling".  I think that you hit it on the "nose" when you stated that you have thick skin.  It takes time for swell ling to resolve in thick skinned patients following rhinoplasty.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Arnica and Bromelain for Rhinoplasty Swelling

+2

Arnica is taken for about  10 days pre-op and 2-4 weeks post-op. Bromelain is very popular in Europe and is typically tahen for about 10 days. However, don't take the bromelain without a physician's supervision because significant complications, especially in patients with digestive disorders, may occur. Please consult with your surgeon.

Arnica and Bromelain after nasal rhinoplasty surgery

+2

I advise my patients to use Arnica and Bromelain formulations.  Although there are many on the market, I would only use a standardized form of Arnica, such as Sinecch, Boiron, or Bruisestick products.  BruisePak is a standardized oral form of Arnica in a chewable tablet.  

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Arnica and Bromelain for post nose job

+2

If you have not experienced any significant response, I would cease use of the homeopathic medications.