Broken Nose Causing Headaches?

I Have a Broken Nose and I Get Alot of Headache. Can It Be Cuz of my Broken Nose?

Broken nose and headaches,

+1

A recent or an old nasal fracture can cause headaches.  The bottom line is, you need to be evaluated by a physician to determine if the broken nose is indeed the cause of your headaches or if there is another cause.

Headaches after Broken Nose

+1

You should really seek medical evaluation if you have continued headaches after a broken nose.  You may have a another injury which was not identified at the time of your broken nose or you may have a complication from your broken nose.  Either way, you should be seen by your doctor for evaluation.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Headaches After Broken Nose

+1

Hi Glen,

I am getting a headache just thinking about your question!  If your headaches persist, you should be examined by a physician to make sure that you are okay...Okay?  If your nasal septum was dislocated and is pressing against your nasal turbinates, that could result in persistent headaches.  I hope that you are well and that by the time you read this your headaches have gone away for good.  Be well.

Dr. P

Hope you didn't watch the Cowboy-Redskin game tonight, your headache would be worse!

Michael A. Persky, MD

Broken Nose and Headaches

+1

Regardless of when you suffered the nasal fracture, see a physician. If the accident was recent, headaches can be secondary to the head trauma and should be evaluated immediately. If  you're talking about an old fracture, there is no urgency; however, nasal obstruction may compromise aeration of your sinuses, causing headaches.

Nasal fracture and headaches

+1

Obviously if this is recent trauma you certainly can have headaches. You should have this checked out.

Yes, it can, but better make sure that's all it is!

+1

Yes, you can have pain and headaches after a broken nose, however, you might also have a concussion if the fracture was recent. I urge you to see a physician and let them know the symptoms you are having.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Broken Nose Causing Headaches

+1

Thanks for the question. Yes a old fracture untreated nose can cause headaches. Seek opinion from ENT or Plastic Surgeons in your area. You will most likely need surgery to help correct this.