Nose Lifted Upwards with Rhinoplasty

i had rhinoplasty and am having the bandage taken off tomorrow, my nose looks like its been lifted upwards and i have a tape lifting it upwards. i asked for my dorsal hump to be straightened, and he said "i lifted your nose pretty much none but i narrowed it and he said when you narrow it always goes up a little bit but that it always drops because of the weight so he said he over ajusted it a slight bit because you no its going to drop but he said he didnt do anything directly to raise it"

Exaggerated tip rotation with nasal tape and splint after rhinoplasty

+1

Hopefully by now you are enjoying your new nose, since you posted this 2 years ago.  For those undergoing this process now, though, it's important to know that the taping will artificially increase the tip rotation (make the tip appear turned up).  The tip will lower after removing the tape, and continue to drop slightly as it heals.  

Rhinoplasty Appearance

+1

Remember that you just had surgery, your cast is still on, and your nose is taped.  Your nose looks very typical less than a week after surgery and there is no cause for concern.  Your result will evolve over the next year or so.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifting of Nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

Pre-operatively, I always warn my patients that their nose will look "lifted" immediately after surgery because of swelling at the base of the nose and the tape dressing. It is impossible to critique your nose before the cast is even removed. Be patient - your surgeon was obviously paying attention to the final nasal length.

Nose lifted after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You may want to wait intill after the cast comes off. It looks like the cast maybe making it appear like your nose is up-turned. Even after the cast comes off you may want to wait a couple of months for the swelling to subside.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS