Is my septum pulling my skin & upper lip upwards? Would YOU do something to improve the junction btw nose and upper lip? (photo)

I would like to remove the hump on my bridge and slightly narrow/lift my tip, but I also wonder if I need something done in the junction between the upper lip and the base of the nose. I feel like the lower part of my septum pulls my lip and skin upwards, creating a strange nasolabial angle, which (I fear) might look worse after surgery when my tip is upturned. Would you address this issue if you were my surgeon? What would YOU do in a case like mine? Thank you for your help!

Prominent nasal spine

+1
The area you are concerned with is a prominent nasal spine. You can shave that down during surgery to lift the area and give the appearance of a longer lip. Of course when you smile your lip will be stretched sideways and shortened but this will be less obvious after nasal spine reduction. Make sure to have your surgeon show you imaging of your photos so that you can see the projected result.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
You look like a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. The area of your lip that is a bit tense is probably due to the caudal( lower) septum and possibly the nasal spine.  Good luck.

Improving your nose

+1
Go see a well trained plastic surgeon who will discuss with you all the things that can be done for your nose. It looks as if you have a nice nose to work with and what you want should be attainable with a well done rhinoplasty.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump reduction, caudal septum shave

+1
The photographs demonstrate a very large dorsal hump and a small amount of caudal septum/ nasal spine prominence. The hump can be removed, the bulbous tip refined, and a small shave of the caudal septum and nasal spine can help increase the angle between the nose and the upper lip. For many examples, please see the link below

Is my septum pulling my skin & upper lip upwards? Would YOU do something to improve the junction btw nose and upper lip?

+1
   I do not think that addressing this area will have much of an effect either way but it can be reduced to create a sharper angle.  It is important not to lengthen the nose lip distance to any great degree.