11days post op - Crease of nostril bleeding after crying- should I be worried? (photo)

I'm 11 days post op and found out some bad news and cried for ~ 2 hours. After I saw the crease of my left nostril where my outer stitches were is slightly open and bleeding. This was the area where my stitches were and it was nicely healing before. No blood or open wound. I'm worried that perhaps my nose ripped away and may be at risk for infection, etc. Should I be concerned and what should I do to best remedy this?

Caring for alar base reduction (Weir) incisions

+2
Based on your photo, it looks as though there may have been a very slight separation in your incision line which resulted in the bleeding, but it should heal fine with appropriate care.  Cleaning the incision line gently with peroxide diluted in distilled water (1:1) and keeping the incision line covered with antibiotic ointment should allow it to heal quickly.  Certainly do follow up with your surgeon with any concerns to ensure the best healing.  

11days post op - Crease of nostril bleeding after crying- should I be worried?

+1
Why have you NOT called or go see your operative surgeon??? Over the internet we can not really see the possible suture splitting and especially not do an examination./Please seek IN PERSON attention...  

Rhinoplasty wound separation

+1
This bleeding and separation should not be a problem and should heal just fine.  If it does form an excessive scar then it can be revised in the future.  If there is any question speak with your plastic surgeon.  

Significant swelling after rhinoplasty especially in patients with thicker skin.

+1
There still a lot of swelling and I don't see anything in the photograph is particularly alarming. Nevertheless you should have free access to your surgeon who would be willing to examine this.

11 Days Post Op Rhinoplasty

+1
The only way to know for sure that no damage has been done to your nose, is with an exam by your Plastic Surgeon.  I suggest you see him as soon as possible.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD