My Septum Feels Sore Inside and Very Stiff?

Hello. 6 weeks post op septo-rhino. All swelling externally seems to have gone down but inside its a different matter. My nose feels like its on fire with continious pain, it feels to me like its the septum pushing top and bottom. This was straightened as and I had some tip reduction but my tip is fine There was a small shaving down on the bridge and I am feeling pain on the bridge from time to time. There is no infection as i have been checked a few days ago. How long can the pain last.

Issues following septorhinoplasty

+1

In general, side effects from a septorhinoplasty include but are not limited to the following:

1) Congestion
2) Itchy/Irritated nasal skin
3) Swelling
4) Minor pain
5) Numbness

These issues usually resolve themselves within a few weeks. Everyone heals different and has their own individual circumstances following surgery. It is possible the inside of your nose is dry and irritated which may be causing your pain. I would recommend an exam by your surgeon to determine the exact cause of your issue and what may be done to resolve it. Thank you and I hope you feel better!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sore Septum Post Surgery

+1

It is normal to have discomfort of the septum even at 6 weeks post procedure. However, the pain and discomfort that you are experiencing seems to be more intense than normal.  Please make sure you address your pain concern with your surgeon. A very thorough examination, which may include using a small scope to view the whole nasal cavity, may be necessary to ensure that healing is as planned and there is no infection. A culture of the nose may also be performed.

Carlo Honrado, MD

Post Septorhinoplasty Pain

+1

It is very unusual to have pain as you describe six weeks post surgery. Most patients have some sensitivity to touch or complaint of dryness in the nose but not pain. Did you discuss your concerns with your surgeon and did he/she do a full examination looking inside your nose at your post operative appointment a few days back? I would see your surgeon again and explain your symptoms for a further evaluation. i hope this finds you feeling better soon and off to a quick recovery for you. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD