Nose Crooked After Rhinoplasty, Saw My Surgeon?

Saw my surgeon. He agreed the bone is moved out. He put a lot of pressure on the bone, said it was still movable. He re-taped my nose, but I think the tape is more for my brain than for my nose. What is your opinion on re-taping the nose?

Taping the nose after rhinoplasty

+2

Taping the nose helps to reduce swelling and efface the skin envelope back down onto the nose after rhinoplasty. It certainly won't hurt to tape your nose, and it may help.  It may even be worthwhile to splint your nose in addition to taping if your bones are still mobile.  

Rhinoplasty with a crooked nose

+1

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } It sounds like you are still early in the healing game, so manipulation and taping may be of some benefit to re-contour your nose. I have used a molded splint a week out from Rhinoplasty and gotten 1-2mm of movement. I think you certainly have nothing to lose. Best Luck. Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1
You did not mention how long ago for your surgery, or mention if you could see the nose straighten with firm pressure. I am with you though, a little tape may cover things up, but not much more.