Is my Nose Bridge Too High, and Too Big OR It is Just Swelling at the Moment? (photo)

Hi,I had a Rhinoplasty surgery at 6 days ago.After I got home I found my nose bridge(between eyes) is real high,and my face looks really weird since the high bridge is pulling my skin.I also done a double upper eyes lip at the same time,so my eyes is still swelling.I am panicking,because I worry if I will look like this for my entire life,will I look normal after the swelling gone? P.s: I told Doctor I want a little higher bridge than the original size he picked for me,so he changed it to large.

Nose Bridge Too High After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear HP,

Thank you for posting your photos and for your inquiry.

At 6 days post op, it is too early to assess your results and you have considerable swelling.

I believe that you have to be a little more patient as the swelling requires time to subside. Final results are usually established at about a year post surgery.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Bridge too High

+1

Hi,

At 6 days post - op it may be tool soon to tell if your implant is too high. You should wait at least 3 months and  then decide. If it is too big, it can be replaced with a lower one.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Over-projection following dorsal augmentation

+1

At 1 week there will be substantial swelling which contributes to the degree of dorsal projection.  After several months, if you still feel that the amount of dorsal projection is too great, a revision rhinoplasty can be performed to reduce the size of the implant or graft that was used.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal nasal implant

+1

At six days post-operative from rhinoplasty surgery it is common to have swelling. As the swelling subsides the nose should look better.

High nasal dorsum after rhinoplasty

+1

As I understand you probably had a dorsal implant placed during rhinoplasty. The fullness that you are concerned about is likely a combination of the post-surgical swelling and the implant itself.  6 days is really a very short time to judge though.  Hopefully, once the swelling resolves you will be happy with your dorsum.  Just give it time for now.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Swelling 6 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

As surgeons, we all wish we could achieve the final result just 6 days after rhinoplasty surgery. You are swollen and do not have to worry that you will look like this the rest of your life.