Nose Job After Jaw Surgery, What Do You Suggest? (photo)

Hello My name is Zahra Ahmed , I am 26 years. In 16 November 2011, I had jaw surgery in both upper and lower jaw, this surgery effect on the shape of my nose Now I've been thinking doing my nose to look better. In the attachments you may see my face after and before the operation. The fist tow pics are After. I hope you tell me what to do to get pretty looking , and to get my confidence back. thanks

Rhinoplasty after jaw surgery

+1

It is important to wait several months after the jaw surgery before undergoing elective cosmetic surgery.  The options with the rhinoplasty are to reduce the bulbous tip, remove any hump across the bridge, and narrow and refine the pyramid of the nose to create a more refined and feminine appearance.  This is done under a general anesthesia and takes approximately an hour and a half.

Rhinoplasty following jaw repositioning surgery.

+1

Surgical repositioning of the jaws is well recognized as affecting the aesthetics of the nose.  Upper jaw repositioning will affect primarily the nasal base and may also influence tip projection and rotation.  Lower jaw surgery will affect the nose-face proportions and facial profile.  From the photos you provided it is too difficult to make valid recommendations.  I suggest you seek out a few opinions from bona fide expert rhinoplasty surgeons.  

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw surgery can alter the shape and function of the nose, but this can be fixed

+1

The nasal structures rest on the upper jaw and palate. Surgery of the jaw can alter the shape of the nose and even cause buckling of the nasal septum. Septorhinoplasty can help improve your nose. For the photos posted, I suggest softening the hump, raising the tip of your nose and narrowing your nose.
You should seek out a specialist in rhinoplasty for a consultation.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty after orthognathic (jaw) surgery

+1

Hi Zahra.  There are couple of things that could be improved about your nose.  It looks like your tip is slightly bulbous, under-projected and under-rotated (or hanging), and the base is wide. You seem to have a dorsal hump, which is even more accentuated by the tip ptosis. The height of your cheek bones is ok, however you have noticeable hollows underneath the eyes.  This could be corrected by cheek implants or fillers. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Nose Job After Jaw Surgery, What Do You Suggest?

+1

The photos after the jaw surgery show very flat cheeks as well as a rather large, wide nose.  IMHO, you might want to consider Cheek Implants as well as a Closed Rhinoplasty for a more naturally, attractive face.

The Closed Rhinoplasty would reduce the dorsal hump and thin the nasal tip.  Be sure to select a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands the proper aesthetics of facial ( nose and cheek) beauty for the creation of naturally more attractive nose, cheeks and face.