My Nipples Seem Weird, Puffy, and Stick Out. I Havent Had Surgery? (photo)

My nipples always puffy looking and stick out weirdly. Is this normal? Im young and havent had any surgery. Will they always be like this? Is there a way to not make them stick out and reduce the puffyness?

Tubular breasts

+1

Your photographs show tuberous breasts with herniation of the tissue around the areola.  You would benefit from a technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision, it is possible to decrease the puffiness around the areola, lift your breasts higher on the chest wall and displace them more medial to increase your cleavage.  This will reshape your breasts into a normal configuration that is more attractive.  If you are interested in implants, that can be done at the same time to increase your size.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipples and correction.

+1

The puffiness that you see is a normal variant of the breast known as a tuberous breast. If your breasts are still changing and evolving from puberty, this puffiness may improve. However, if your breasts have reached maturity and you wish to improve this, surgical resdistribution of the breast tissue (commonly accompanied with a breast implant) is an option.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nipples and areolas are puffing

+1

You have a mild variant of what we call tuberous breast where the breast tissue is actually protruding through the areola. You should do very well with augmentation.

Reduce Puffy Nipples

+1

What you see is really a protrusion of breast tissue concentrated just behind the nipple and areola, which often stretches the areola over time and bulges the whole area forward.  This condition is a variant of tuberous breast syndrome, in which the breast tissue only develops in a narrow area centered behind the areola and nipple, and does not develop much toward the outer regions of the breast.  This condition can be corrected nicely with an outpatient surgery in which the protruding breast tissue is reduced backward and spread out toward the outer regions of the breast.  The only scar would be a circular scar right at the border of the darker areola with the surrounding breast tissue.  Often, a breast implant is inserted through the same incision at the time of surgery to enlarge the breasts all around.  Your condition is seen more frequently than you might expect, and the surgery creates a very nice, normal appearance.

Web reference: http://www.pbplasticsurgery.com

Tuberous breast shape.

+1

The shape that you have is a common variant on breast areolar shape called a tuberous  breast shape.  This is a congenital breast shape and can be corrected with limited surgery for the areola.  The procedure is called a doughnut mastopexy.  I would wait until you are a little older, however, to be sure you are at the full adult shape that you will attain.  You should be able to consider talking to a local Plastic Surgeon in your community once you feel that your breast size and shape hasn't changed for one year.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

My Nipples Seem Weird, Puffy, and Stick Out. I Havent Had Surgery?

+1

This is your genetic anatomic appearance. Only minor surgery will correct. But best to wait and see how you mature. 

Weird puffy nipple, the tuberous breast shape

+1

Weird puffy nipples are characteristic of a tuberous breast shape. The skin envelope of the breast is tight and the skin constricted at the base of the nipple giving the nipple a puffy or herniated appearance. Your breast is 'normal' in that it will function in a normal way and support breast feeding. If the appearance troubles you enough there is correction available, but things are mild as they stand.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Puffy Nipples

+1

Dear Dianaparra200,

Thank you for the photos; they speak a thousand words and explain your concerns well.  The shape of your breasts is often termed a "tuberous breast" which reflects a variation of breast development characterised by puffy, enlarged nipple-areolar complexes, tight elevated folds where the breasts join the chest, often widely spaced breasts, lack of breast tissue in the bottom of the breast when compared to the top of the breasts.  

Correction of a tuberous breast may require decreasing the nipple-areolar size and correcting the herniated breast tissue pushing through the N/A.  Lowering and shaping the inframammary fold-the crease under your breasts.  Adding volume to the lower pole of the breasts by using an implant, and also using an implant to increase the width of the breasts and narrowing the space between your breasts.  All of these are issues that you can learn more about by meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon who has training on how best to address these problems and concerns.

Hope this helps.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

These photos demonstrate several of the features of tuberous breasts.   

These include:
•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold
•narrow base of the breast

Treatment varies according to the degree of the problem, and the patient goals. Often patients would like larger breasts, and implants are placed as well as techniques to improve the breast shape, usually by doing a breast lift and some remodelling of the lower pole of the breast. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

+1

Many young women have this puffy look under the areolas. It looks as if you have a very minor form of tuberous breast. Unless it is a significant problem for you, you might wait a few years and the puffiness often resolves. Otherwise there are surgical alternatives to change the appearance.