Why is my Areola Swollen & Puffy 20 Post Op After Breast Lift & Implant? Could It Be Fluid? (photo)

Breast lift & implant . Pain for the last 2 nights on a level of 9 but during the day pain level 3. I'm finger massaging areola . No pus or redness .i have dissolvable stitches & never had any drainage.

Swollen,Puffy Areola Normal After Breast Lift and Augmentation

+4

Thank you for your email.

Your Nipple Areola Complexes look normal for 20 days post combination Breast Lift and Augmentation with Implants.

Be sure to follow up with your surgeon. However I have seen more swelling than you have in patients 20 days out from the combined procedure.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/breast-lift/sagging-breasts-how-to-lift-and-firm-your-breast-after-pregnancy/

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Things look great. I think the ducts of the nipple get clogged with the weight of the implant and everything gets backed up I would wait a few weeks things shouyld open up 

Areolar swelling after breast lift with implants

+1

I think this is a typical result at 3 weeks after a breast lift and augmentation and I think you are on the path to a good result.  Scar massaging around the areola at 3 weeks is something I recommend in my patients and can help the swelling resolve and scar settle down.  I recommend silicone scar gel.

Web reference: http://www.BoyntonPlasticSurgery.com

Swelling after breast lift with implants

+1

Thank you for your photograph.  You have a very nice post operative result and the swelling you are seeing is quite common.  One breast can swell more than the other and the same goes with the areolas.  The skin is so thin that a little swelling can look like a lot. If you have significant concern, you need to have your surgeon evaluate your breasts.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

+1

It is best to check back with your plastic surgeon. By your photos there does not appear to be any swelling outside of the normal range for 20 days out.

+1

Posted photo shows normal slow healing of the nipple areolar areas. Allow at least 3 months of healing. 

Concerns after Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on the limited view photograph, it seems like your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you. I do not see much to be concerned about in your photograph.

Of course, only your plastic surgeon, after direct physical examination, will be able to advise you precisely.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Swelling and pain 20 days after breast augmentation and lift

+1

The swelling of the areola is expected and normal after breast augmentation and lift and could be more in one side. This swelling will gradually resolve over several months. But what is of concern is that you still have 9/10 pain  20 days after surgery. At that stage the pain should be nonexistent . You need to contact your surgeon for the pain

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Swollen areola

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say. Having some differential swelling can occur. If the pain is significant, you might want to see your surgeon.

Pain and swelling after augmentation and lift

+1

It is normal to have some pain and swelling after an augmentation and lift, but it sounds like you may be having more than is usual. Your surgeon will be able to examine and guide you.

Web reference: http://www.squiresclinic.com/breast-procedures-denver/breast-lift/

Denver Plastic Surgeon