Can Breasts Still Even out and Drop 4 Months After Augmentation?

Hi, I am 4 months post op and my left fluffed out and is bigger on the bottom while the right one sits higher has more fullness on top and is not full on buttom---I am guessing it hasn't fluffed? I am super worried that they will stay this way..I do not think I have capsular contracture, since my surgeon said they are healing nicely but I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE IS BLIND...what is so nice about 2 different boobs...will they ever drop or is 4 months post up already too long of a time?

After 3 Months, Breasts Should Be in Position After Augmentation

+2

After a breast augmentation, most of the changes really should be done by three months.  If after 4 months you still have one breast that appears not to have settled into position, or is remaining higher then the other side, chances are this is how it is going to stay at this point.  The first thing to do is to look at your preoperative pictures.  Alot of women do not ralize they have some degree of asymmetry before having surgery.  Once the implants are in, they magnify asymmetries, and make them more apparent.  This is something that you should discuss with your surgeon. 

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1
Although it generally takes about 4 months for drop and fluff to occur, it can take longer and be at different rates for each breast. Please wait for a bit longer since you've just passed the four month mark. Best of luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Need more time for the implants to settle into position

+1

The implant shape may change but they will not looks smaller as they drop. At this point you just need to wait and allow gravity and you tissues to accommodate to the implant volume.

Uneven breasts

+1

Hi,

Your breasts have probably reached their maximum or are close to it as far as dropping into the pockets.

If your right breast is hard, then you may have a capsular contracture that is giving your fullness above the braline.  It seems that your left breast has dropped more naturaly.  Your tan lines speak volumes about the fact that in a bra/bathing suit, you are comfortable but out of one, you are not comfortable with the difference.

You need to begin/continue your discussions with your plastic surgeon so you can determine the timing of a revision if you both think it is necessary.  I do think that waiting several more months is indicated to allow for the chance of further evening.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants can settile for up tto 6-9 months.

+1

Be careful what you ask for! These are relatively large implants for your petite frame. It is still early and I tell my patients that it may take 6-9 months for implants to settle or as you describe with the term ('fluff").My guess is that your right breast was the smaller breast and the skin is taking more time to stretch and relax, Preferential breast implant displacement exercises may help in this regard. 

With time, please be advised that they may continue to drop given your thin body habitus and relatively small lower pole.

Changes in Augmentation 4 Months Post-op

+1

You are unlikely to see any change in your implant position after 4 months.  However, the degree of asymmtery in your photos does not appear out of the ordinary.  I think that your primary problem is selecting implants that are too large for your breast and it is likely that you will have the "fake look" with this sized implants regardless of where they are placed.

John Whitt, MD

Uneven Breast 4 months after Breast Augmentation

+1

Regarding: "...4 months post op and my left fluffed out and is bigger on the bottom while the right one sits higher has more fullness on top and is not full on buttom---I am guessing it hasn't fluffed? I am super worried that they will stay this way..I do not think I have capsular contracture"

At 4 months after breast Augmentation you are looking at an early final result. You are unlikely to see major changes from this point on except for the gradual changes brought by gravity and aging.

All women have breast asymmetry; very few women walk around with identical, symmetric breasts on both sides. In placing breast implants, we BOTH increase the size (volume) of the breasts but also increase and make any asymmetry more obvious.  There is NO doubt your right breast is higher than the left (as is the nipple). You may try massaging the right breast inferiorly but ultimately, if it does not work, you may need to discuss with your surgeon the likelihood of correction by revision surgery.

Breast implants don't really drop.

+1

Hi.

You are quite right that the problem is obvious.  But this will not get better on it's own.  The right breast is so high that you probably don't want to just live with it.  All of this can be corrected with a revision, though.  I know this is not what you want to hear.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)