Should I Worry That One Breast Feels Harder Than the Other 8 Months After Augmentation?

I have had a breast enlargement 8 months ago and one seems alot harder than the other?  One has always been harder and feel as though i can feel the implant whereas i cant with the other...is this something i should be worried about???

Encapsulation of Breast Implant?

+1

Based on your description you may have developed encapsulation of one breast implant. This involves  the development of abnormally  thick capsule tissue around the breast implant causing the breast to feel firm and even potentially painful.

I would suggest follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be able to make a diagnosis on physical examination.

Breast firmness: one breast is harder than the other

+1

I would discuss this with your surgeon. It could be capsular contracture or reflective of different implants or surgical procedures performed for breast asymmetry. Capsular contracture may be treated with surgery.

Breast Asymmetry VS. Breast Implant Scarring (Capsular Contracture)

+1

We all know what natural breasts should feel like. Augmented breasts while not always feeling the same way should NOT be hard. At 8 months after the surgery surgical swelling and inflammation should have subsided and the breast skin should have relaxed. You may be feeling scarring around the implant (Capsular Contracture) and may wish to consult your Plastic surgeon regarding your options.

Capsular Contracture

+1

Difficult to say, but from what you are describing it does sound that you may have developed capsular contracture of that side.  I would recommend getting in touch with your plastic surgeon and discussing this with him.

There are some options, medical and surgical and he or she will decide what is best for you.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD