How to Temporarily Hide a Bump on Nose?

I'm saving money for a rhinoplasty to remove a nose hump. However, I was wondering if there's a temporary way to hide the bump that is cheap ($100 or less). I don't want to get fillers because that will set me back on getting surgery.

Methods of camouflaging dorsal hump

+2

A great way to "camouflage" a bump is to wear glasses/sunglasses.  Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but wearing frames like Russ Westbrook and Chris Paul is a great way to temporarily hide imperfections on the bridge of your nose.  

How to hide a nasal bump

+1

There are 4 ways I know of to hide a nasal hump.  Unfortunately, you have put a $100 restriction on your treatment which will limit you to two options.

1) makeup can be applied which can make a nose look more narrow, and straighter.  You would need to see a makeup artist familiar with shadowing the nose to create an illusion.

2) wear glasses to cover the bump.

3) Use a little filler to disguise the bump (cost $400-$650) depending on the product and person used.

4) Rhinoplasty.

Options 1 and 2 fit your budget and carry no risk, so there is no downside to trying them.  Best wishes.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

The use of fillers is the typical way this would be dealt with and it will cost much more than $100. Save the money for a good rhinoplasty by an experienced surgeon. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Hiding a Dorsal Hump #nosejob

+1

I do not really know of a good reliable way to camouflage a bump. I would have said filler but you indicated a price that is well below what filler costs. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Hiding a nasal bump

+1

A nasal bump is difficult to camouflage without surgery.  Fillers can sometimes soften it but will make the nose look larger.  Good luck.  Makeup?

Best Treatment to Temporarily Hide a Bump on the Nose

+1

Hi Derek,

You could probably find a nice mask for under $100 to hide your nose until your rhinoplasty.  Kidding aside, maybe a burka.  No, the best way of "hiding" a bump on the nose is by using a little bit of filler above and below the bump.  Depending upon how much filler is used, you may get by for somewhere between $200-$400.  If you use a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm, it will not interfere with your future rhinoplasty surgery.  Choose your treating physician most carefully both for the filler as well as for your rhinoplasty.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

How to Temporarily Hide a Bump on Nose

+1

Hello

Fillers are an option to help hide a bump. I am not aware of any other method. It may be an idea to consult a makeup specialist who may have some tricks.

Good Luck

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Management of a Dorsal Bump

+1

There are no ways to address a bump on the bridge for less that $100 dollars. Fillers are the only non surgical option and the cost of this can range from $400-1500 depending on the typ and amount of filler. You shouldn't compromise your care based on affordability. Save your money until you can pay for an experienced professional to help. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Temporary hide a bump on the nose

+1

Styling  your hair with long bangs, or  large rim  glasses to help camouflage a bump on the nose.  In the meantime, do your homework, and find a experienced rhinoplasty surgeon when the time is right  follow through with your rhinoplasty.