Massaging and Molding Juvederm Lips. Have I Ruined my Lips?

I had Juverderm injected into my upper and lower lips. As my doc molded and smoothed my lips I could have sworn he told me I could do the same as long as the numbness wore off. When one side of my upper lip blew up like a baloon, from that part of my lip to nose turned purple I started molding out lumps a few times hour. even when i feel little ones form in my perfect lower lips.Ive been doing some research and learned self molding is a big NO NO. Have I ruined my lips? has the Juvederm moved?

Molding after juvederm

You probalby did not cause any problems if you were happy with the results and you just were trying to flatten ares that felt a bit lumpy.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Hematoma after Juvederm injection.

It sounds like you had some bleeding on one side.  This almost always resolves.  Molding is certainly not a good idea, but you probably didn't do any damage.  See what you look like in 2 weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Self molding Juvederm or Restylane after filler injections

If you have a good aesthetic outcome, then you probably have not ruined anything. If you see a new lump in an area that wasn't injected, then maybe you squeezed the Juvederm into a different area, but it doesn't sound from what you mentioned that this is the case. Schedule a followup appointment with your doctor for reassurance.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016