Modified Vertical with Pectoralis Sling/ Femme-S Breast Reduction Surgeons on the East Coast?

Are there ANY plastic surgeons on the east coast or anywhere close that does breast reductions using Femma-S (Footprint elevation Mamodermal Masto-Augmentation w/ sling support/parenchymal transposition with a horizontal ONLY scar or Modified vertical w/ pectoralis sling) technique? I've only found one surgeon so far that uses this technique in Miami ( Dr Rian Maercks). I was quoted $12,500 to get this procedure done & with discounts $8,000 which is still steep. I don't want the anchor incisons

It's a gimmicky name for a common procedure

+3

The "Femma-S" is a decidedly silly acronym for a horizontal breast reduction. That type of incision is kind of finicky and works best for people with long breasts that aren't too wide, like the ones frequently seen in people who've lost large amounts of weight.  In that group you can achieve a look that almost looks like they have an implant in and get a good result. Otherwise, you frequently get a boxy and wide shape that just isn't as good as what you can get with other incisions. When they work, it looks good and when it doesn't it can be something you won't be happy with.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Femme-S

+2

The Femme-S technique is the name that this doctor has decided to give to a technique that is a modification of various techniques that eliminates the vertical scar. There are still scars around the areola and underneath the breasts into the lateral chest. It is good to do when you can do it but not all patients are candidates. Breast lift operations can be done in many different ways and the face to face evaluation of the patient, with discussion about the options is the best way to come to a decision. Be careful of "brand name" procedures. Do your homework

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Femme-S Breast Reduction

+1
Femme-S Breast Reduction is a marketing term for a horizontal breast reduction. Not all patients are good candidates. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Vertical lift

+1

The procedure described sounds very specific and almost like a marketed name. I perform a lot of vertical lifts/reductions and this often does very well.  An exam in person would be key.  Good luck.

The Ultimate Breast Lift provides a full lift without anchor scars

+1

Hi,

There is a technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift/Reduction which I would consider superior to what you are describing. It was designed using engineering principles to construct an internal cone and straps (from your own tissue) that are permanently attached to the chest muscles for a more permanent lift. The straps allow for maximum lift and ideal placement of breast mound. There are no vertical scars. The scars are hidden around the areola and under the natural crease of the breast. Results are natural and have the benefit of instant pain relief from the weight being transferred to the pectoralis major muscle.  It's an extremely complex procedure that requires an extensive knowledge in mathematics to perform. It's worth looking into. Best wishes,

Dr. H 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon