After Breast Reduction, My Nipples Are Extremely Sensitive and Always Hard; Is This Normal?

I had a breast reduction 7 years ago and I have too much nipple sensation...my nipples are very sensative and always hard. I went from a 36DD to a C...is this normal and what can I do because it's very embarrassing?

Nipple sensitivity years after a breast reduction

+1

This is an uncommon problem to have sensitivity of the nipple 7 years after surgery.  It is possible to have the nipple reduced so it is not so prominent. 

Sensitive, firm nipples after breast reduction

+1

Although not common, what you are describing can happen after a breast reduction. Usually the sensitivity does not last this long but, obviously, it can. If nipples are firm and prominent and show in clothing (which can be embarrassing) I have found that they can be shortened in an office procedure under a local. The patients who have had this done have been quite happy. The alternative is to get bras that are firmer and don't let the nipples show, or put tape or a band-aid over them to camouflage their prominence. Good luck.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon