40 H Breasts. Will 700 and 800 Grams Be Enough Removed to Be a Side D or DD Post Op (photo)

I am 32 years old. presently 225lbs and loosing weight before surgery. I am having breast reduction to remove 700 grams from one side and 800 grams removed from the other.The difference in amounts is to even them out. I am in good health. I am concerned that 700 an 800 grams might not be enough. My post op desired cup size is a full "D" to a "DD" what do you think.

Grams Needed In Breast Reduction For Desired Size

+2

With your size breasts, the removal of 700 to 800 grams will not be sufficient to bring you down to a DD cup bra. A more likely number would be a minimum of 1000 grams with more likely 1200 - 1500 grams per breast. While there is no direct correlation between grams of breast tissue and cup size, experience indicates that you need more breast tissue removed than many 'smaller' breast reduction patients. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-reduction.html

Breast Reduction amount estimate

+2

It's a guess. Experienced plastic surgeons remove exactly enough to get the desired result.  My patients bring a new bra in the cup size they desire. I sterilize that and use it as form during surgery. Enough is removed to fit the bra perfectly. Why guess?  Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

A breast reduction sounds like a reasonable approach. AS to predict the final cup size, it is very difficult.  Cup size does not always correlate to the volume excised.

40 H Breasts. Will 700 and 800 Grams Be Enough Removed to Be a Side D or DD Post Op

+1

Based upon the posted photo I might consider more grams removal. Maybe a 1000 gms per side. But only in person examination can ultimately allow a doctor to give an estimate. 

Cup size and breast reduction

+1

It is very difficult and unpredictable to determine cup size with a breast reduction. I usually ask patients to determine if they want to be small, medium or large. i.e. do you want as much as possible removed, as little as possible or somewhere in between. According to your pictures I would suspect more like 100 grams + for the sizes you are indicating.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; hopefully you will be very pleased with results of surgery.  It is a great idea to lose as much weight as possible prior to surgery to get the best results.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “busty” or “DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm