Very Swollen Upper Abdomen After Breast Reduction, 3.5 Months Post Op. What Should I Do? (photo)

Breast reduction was 1/17/12. Had allergic reaction to a medication given to me during surgery. I also had a bad infection at the incision site. I was on antibiotics for a month! Noticed the swelling in the upper abdomen after my surgery thought it was caused by all the medications I was on. I am 5’7 and weight 147 lbs. Was H cup now DD. Swelling has worsened, abdomen very hard and painful. Feel a lot of pressure inside. My ribs right below my breast are very sore. Abdomen was flat before.

Very Swollen Upper Abdomen After Breast Reduction-Has Not Gotten Any Better Its Been 3 1/2 Months

Abdominal Swelling after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

At this stage (after your recovery from breast reduction surgery) She, it is unlikely that your abdominal swelling is related to the press reduction surgery. Given your description, it will be in your best interests  to be seen by your family practitioner or internist.

Breast Reduction - Very Swollen Upper Abdomen After Breast Reduction

+1

It is hard to say 100% via this forum but I do not think that the appearance of your abdomen is related to the surgery you had.  Perhaps early on it could be; particularly as a reaction from pain medications (which can cause temporary abdominal swelling or distention).  I would suggest an assessment from your internist.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Very Swollen Upper Abdomen After Breast Reduction, 3.5 Months Post Op. What Should I Do?

+1

The photo only shows a swollen upper abdomen in a side view that is not much help. What is concerning is the description it "worsened,...very hard and painful" . Immediately seek in person medical evaluation, this issue needs attention. 

Breast Reduction

+1

This is not a question that can be answered based on a photo. You need to make an appointment with your doctor for an examination.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD