How Can I Minimize the Side Effects from Ematrix?

Are there usually side effects with ematrix procedures for deep wrinkles in the corners of the mouth?

Listen to your Ematrician and avoid the sun

+1
OK .... there are several methods to decrease side effects from Ematrix-

1. See someone who performs this regularly and is GOOD at it- namely know what settings to use to give you the best results. 

2. Some Specialists like to use a once off application of a steroid cream / ointment to decrease swelling and redness following ematrix

3. Avoid the sun

4. Avoid exercise 24-72 hrs (depending on level and passes)

5. Use a moisturiser frequently

6. If high passes, high fluence, overlaps- ice ice ice.

Top 6 tips from Dr Davin S. Lim, Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist

Brisbane Dermatologist

Ematrix and indications

+1
  1. Ematrix is fantastic for facial rejuvenation and acne scars, especially on darker skin typess which I am not able to Fraxel because of the risk of hyper-pigmentation.  It is great in Asian skin types and darker skin colors because it is safe and effective.
  2. Ematrix is meant to be used on shallow scars and fine lines - not on deep wrinkles that need fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm

Michele S. Green, MD

EMatrix shouldn't be done on the mouth

+1

eMatrix is for superficial lines and  wrinkles, not deep creases. It should not be used on the mouth area. If you have deep wrinkles around the mouth, you would most likely be a candidate for fillers.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD