Is It Possible for EMatrix Radiofrequency Solution to Cause Any Fat Atrophy?

Thanking you in advance for your response to this multi-part question. If eMatrix can't cause fat atrophy, why not? If it can, under what circumstances? Could it possibly cause damage to the dermis or leave any grid-like depressions? What is the impact of using the smaller grid tip vs. the larger grid tip? Thank you, again.

Ematrix treatment to the face

+1
Fractional co2 and ematrix are both ablative lasers. They are unlikely to cause fat atrophy as they mainly deliver heat to the dermis. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

No

+1
RF or radiofrequency does not penetrate that deeply, additionally the resistance from fat is low compared to collagen, scars etc, and hence the energy is focused just a few mm down the skin surface. 

It may cause redness (usually short lived), swelling, and grids, but not fat atrophy.

Dr Davin Lim

Dermatologist
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

EMatrix and Fat Atrophy

+1

eMatrix does not cause fat atrophy. The depth of the tips and the radio frequency are not deep enough to penetrate or affect fat. My office has done hundreds and hundreds of procedures and I've never seen anyone with grid-like depressions, like those that used to be a possible side effect of Thermage. The eMatrix tips have a different wider penetration of the radio frequency, making it less of a direct targeted penetration so less possible side effects.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD