How Long To Wait Between Micro Laser Peel and Sun Exposure?

Hello I had a full face micro laser peel 3 weeks ago 8 microns deep. I still feel some itching and minor burning sensation is it normal ? Also How long before I can go back in the sun ( with protection) without risk of hyper pigmentation due to the treatment

Sun Exposure and Micro Laser Peel

+1
Sun exposure two weeks prior the Micro Laser Peel is a contradiction. After the treatment, skin needs to be completely healed, meaning the skin has to regain its protective layers. It would take at least 28 days post –treatment, for cellular turnover to occur.It is better to wait four weeks after Micro Laser Peel before sun exposure.

Microlaser peel for the face

+1

Microlaser peels work very well and do not have extended periods of downtime.  I would use sunscreen for at least 2 months thereafter and in my practice, I recommend post-treatment Melarase cream. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Sun Exposure after Light Microlaser Peel

+1

An 8 micron Microlaser peel does not extend beyond the level of the stratum corneum and therefore is very safe with regards to the risk of post inflammatory pigmentation issues.  At three weeks out from the peel you should be completely healed.  

You should not have any problem with pigmentation issues but you should always wear an adequate sunscreen and hat/clothing to protect the investment you have made.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

We like our patients to wait a month before going back into the sun after a peel.  Of course, you still need to wear 30 spf sunscreen and a hat with a wide brim is helpful too. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS