Why Does My Skin Seem More Wrinkled After Laser Pigment Peel?

I had a laser pigment peel 5 days ago but my skin seems more wrinkled when I smile, will this go away?

Laser Peel

+1

The skin will often feel tight at this stage of your recovery and you should make sure to carefully follow the post procedure instructions given to you by your provider to obtain the optimal result  Adequate barrier protection and hydration are essential and the length of recovery time will depend on the depth of the resurfacing you had performed.

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser peel for pigmentation or aging, wrinkles

+1

Your skin can be dryer for about 2-3 weeks following a peel of this sort, which will accentuate the fine lines.   It takes time for the skin to remodel after a procedure of this sort.  With a deep CO2 laser treatment such as the Lumenis Fractional CO2, it can take up to 3 months for the collagen to totally remodel.  My patients' skin actually looks younger from 6-12 months after treatment.  Be patient, you should see smoother, more even skin within a couple of weeks.  Hydrate well, topically as well as orally.   Hopefully your doctor has you on home-care post treatment to protect your laser investment and promote further improvement.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon