First Degree Burn After Laser Treatment, What Should I Do?

i am 24 years old and had some folliculitis under my stomach and down my bikini line i have brown/ dark skin i had my laser treatment done last week but my laser dr i think burned me with 1 degree burn because the skin got very dark and some blister came as well but only some i went back and he said its normal because its superficial, now its one week later and my crust is gone and its pink skin all over. will this leave any hypo/hyper pigmentaion? dr said it will fade in with my skin in 2weeks?

Treatment for burns after laser

+1

Sorry to hear about your experience ! The good news is that time is your friend and many of these problems improve with time. If you have an open wound it should be treated with antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin. Once the open wounds heal a topical lotion as 0.1%hydrocortisonewill reduce the possibilty of what is called PIH or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Use it for at least a month under doctor supervision. A must is sun avoidance and sunblock of 30 to 50 SPF. If darkening continues use of tretinoin (Retin-A), hydroquinon 4% and other bleaching creams such as NIA 24 all with follow up with you doctor.if still hyper pigmented after 3 to 6 months other laser treatments may help. A more difficult problem is hypo pigmentation or light areas such my be treated with laser as well or tattoos.

Good luck

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon