Massage After Explant Surgery?

How soon after explant can I start to massage the breast area? It's been 2 weeks since my surgery. The capsule was removed only in my right breast were the implant was ruptured so I'm still little sore on that side. Is it still safe to start massaging?

Massage after Breast Implant Removal?

+2

Although there should be no contraindication to breast massage at this time, you may want to check with your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Breast Massage timing

+1

In general I have my patients start massage 2 weeks following surgery - as soon as it is comfortable to do so. Always check with your plastic surgeon for specific instructions tailored to your surgery

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS