Will My Breasts Be Saggy After Implant Removal? I've Had Them For 8 Years. (photo)

I've had my implants for approximately 8 years. They are saline under the muscle and I don't remember how many cc's. I would like to have my implants removed because the have gotten so big and it make me feel fat and I can't wear regular button up shirts. I do not want a lift because I already have a tummy tuck, lipo and fat graft scars and I don't want more from a lift. I have included photos because I would like to know if I am going to have too much sagging once the implant is removed.

Sagging breasts after implant removal

+1

An analogy would be pregnancy...some women have skin that retracts well after pregnancy and some need to have loose skin tightened and removed...you could remove your implants and your skin might retract well and have an acceptable result...however, you already have some sagging and you said you have had a tummy tuck which suggests that your skin may not retract well.  I would suggest you do the implant removal first and evaluate the need for a lift as a trade for more scars after you have healed.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

Appearance of Breasts after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Based on your pictures, there will obviously be a loss of “fullness” and some degree of sagging associated with breast implant removal surgery.

Exactly what your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person may be helpful.

Breast Implant Removal

+1

Yes. More than likely, your breasts will sag to some degree after implant removal.  However, I have also seen great retraction of the breasts after implant removal in some of my patients.  See link below for photos.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Will my breasts sag without the implants?

+1

By the images you have provided, you would have benefited from a breast lift at the time of your augmentation unless there has been significant change since that time. There is no question that you will have some residual sagginess after removing implants, you just need to decide if it will bother you. Even if you don't have a lift after implant removal, it does not mean you couldn't do it at a later date. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast lift after implant removal?

+1

From your photos, it looks like your breasts are a bit low to begin with. Removing more volume may make them sag more after implant removal.