Had Explant Surgery 4 Days Ago, when Can I Resume Exercise? (photo)

I had my 325 sub muscular implants removed last week and my Dr. didn't really give me any restrictions. Just wanting some more opinions. Should I wear a sports bra for more than a week to bind? How long should I sleep in a sports bra? When can I resume high impact exercise...running, cardio kick boxing? My Dr. said just wait about a week. I love my Doc but I think he does more implants than explants. Can I hurt anything by exercising?

Returning to exercise after implant removal

+1

I think it is important to speak to the surgeon who removed the implants because he/she would know how extensive the surgery was (i.e. capsulectomy, etc). The extent of the procedure will be a game changer as far as returning to strenuous activity early, as opposed to a simple removal of implants which would allow the patient to go back to strenuous activity much quicker!

Activity after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

I think that you will find that all plastic surgeons do more breast augmentation than breast implant removal procedures. It is always best to ask these types of questions of your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best and is responsible for your care.

Yes, it is possible to harm if he returned to strenuous activity too  soon. I would suggest that you do not do so until cleared by your plastic surgeon.

Post-op explantation questions

+1

Doctors have different recommendations for post-op care. You should talk to the doctor to find out what he suggests.