How Long Before I Can Workout After Breast Implant Removal?

I'm soon having my implants removed, and I know that I need to keep my heart rate/blood pressure down for a certain amount of time to keep from chancing a bleed. I also understand that I need to stay away from activities that are high impact for awhile. But what about sitting on the spin bike with very little upper body movement? Or using leg only weight machines? I have worked hard for a fit body, and am afraid to get soft.

In my practice, wait two weeks after removing your breast implants.....

+1

In my practice, I generally advise my patients to refrain from heavy upper body exertion for a minimum of two weeks after any breast surgery.This will help minimize the risk of bleeding and developing a post-operative hematoma. For implant placement patients, I will advise them to wait longer.

Work out after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you regarding return to work out activities after surgery. This timing may depend on exactly what procedure is performed. Generally speaking, breast implant removal surgery is associated with a relatively short recovery period,  allowing patients to resume activity  sooner than most other types of breast surgery.

For example, generally speaking, my patients are able to return to lower body exercises about one week after surgery after uncomplicated breast implant removal surgery.

Best wishes  for an uneventful procedure and recovery.