Swelling and Fluid Accumulation After Male Breast Reduction

It's now exactly three weeks after Vaser gynecomastia surgery and I have the same amount of swelling as I did two weeks ago. The pectoral region seems squishy and there is a substantial swelling, while being able to push the fluid around. My question is: will the swelling subside or is it possible for fluid accumulation to remain indefinitely? The swelling is more pronounced in the left than in the right (see pictures). Thank you for any information.

Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery

Thank you for your post. Based on your description it sounds like you may have a seroma, or fluid accumulation. I would recommend that you be seen by your surgeon because if you do have a seroma, it will likely need serial aspiration. Seromas are one of the risks of this surgery, usually due to the space created once the tissue has been removed. For this reason, in my practice I more often than not, choose to leave drainage tubes which are removed several days after the procedure.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand