Deformed Chest After Male Breast Reduction?

I had Gynecomastia removal along with Liposuction on my chest. Anyway, it has been 3 1/2 weeks since the surgery and I have these hard lumps under my skin that feel somewhat painful at times.

I contacted the office and the doctor told me that it was scar tissue and that it should go away within 6 months-1 year. My chest looks kinda deformed because of the swelling/scar tissue? Will this go away? Sharp pains shoot through that area if I lift anything over 10 lbs.

Contour Irregularities in PostOp Period Following Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

It’s not unusual to have minor contour irregularities following the surgical management of gynecomastia. These changes are often the result of swelling and scarring, and tend to improve with the passage of time. They often present as lumps and bumps and other types of contour irregularities.

In the immediate post-operative period compression and massage can facilitate remodeling. Surgical revision may rarely be necessary.

It usually takes six to twelve months before a decision can be made regarding revisonal surgery. It takes at least this long for swelling and scarring to completely resolve. It’s important to discuss these issues with your surgeon who can reassure you regarding your clinical course. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy and bumpy a few weeks after gynecomastia reduction

+1

I recommend giving this some more time.  You are still in the early healing phase and there are often areas that are firm and bumpy and tender.  I recommend gentle massage to the area a couple of times a day.  I ask my patients to withhold judgment until they are at least three months post operatively.  I sure don't see anything worrisome on the photo you posted. 

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Deformity after male breast surgery.

+1

This is too early to make a judgement about your status after this or any other surgery.  One of the big problems after gynecomastia surgery is that there is too much resection of breast tissue after  this surgery and significant depressions occur below both breasts.  This is hard to repair surgically.  Hopefully what you are discussing does not represent this.  Give it more time to heal up, however., before any judgement is made about where you are.  Always let your Plastic Surgeon give you proper advice about this.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Three Weeks-To Early To Judge

+1

Your body will be going through a healing phase.  Scar tissue is certanly present and requires time to resolve.  The shape sometimes takes four to six weeks to see the outcome.  The swellig needs to come down during this time frame.  The sharp pains will resolve as well.

Web reference: http://www.gynecomastiaspecialist.com

Healing after Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

Relax! Many patients experience issues similar to yours after surgery and these issues resolve completely with time. Folllow up with your plastic surgeon. Nothing further may be needed.

Gynecomastia surgery

+1

It is too early to say whehter or not the lumps will go away or the sensations you are experiencing will improve. In all likelihood they will.

It takes many weeks to get over any operation including gynecomastia.

+1

The pain you are experiencing is a little much but the irregularities are common.  With time, the pain and the contour issues will improve.  I would not even consider any revisional surgery for a year and you probably won't need it.  Hang in there.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,17-atlanta-gynecomastia.htm

Deformities of the chest after male breast reduction surgery.

+1

Unfortunately, deformities of the chest after male breast reduction surgery are not that uncommon. In our practice, we have seen many patients who have presented with such depressions and deformities after having received this surgery at other clinics. We been able to help these patients through the use of fat grafting techniques to this area. Patients appreciate the more toned look that the liposuction portion of the process will create and then subsequently the correction of the deformity with the fat grafting. This technique works extremely well, our patients should be aware that for very significant deformities more than one surgery may be necessary.

Lumps after male breast reduction may go away.

+1

Hi.

After gynecomastia surgery in Manhattan, we recommend lymphatic drainage massage to help create a smooth contour.  This you can do now.    For anything else, you need to wait 6 months.  It is possible that you may need a revision then.