I have had one treatment 11 weeks ago. How Long Can You Wait Between Sculptra Treatments?

Hi, just wondering how long is the maximum you can wait between Sculptra treatments.. i have had one treatment 11 weeks ago. I am also nervous to go back for another because of all the negative information out there.. and i am especially worried about my face blowing up and looking like a chipmunk!! But just really want to know how long i can leave it before the first treatment will seem like a waste?

Give sculptra time to begin to work

+1

Most physicians prefer to allow at least 4 to 6 weeks between treatments to allow the sculptra to begin to work.  

There is no harm in waiting longer. It simply means you will take more time to get to your desired result. 

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Can You Wait Between Sculptra Treatments?

+1

The treatment criteria is injections every 3 to 6 weeks til desired effect is obtained, usually 3 to 4 sessions. After 11 weeks a bit long between first and second session. But I see you are only lengthing the tim e before a result can be noticed. 

How long to wait between Sculptra injections

+1

While it is recommended to wait four to six weeks between injections, there are really no rules about the time period and no harm in waiting longer between treatments. Each Sculptra treatment causes an increase in volume that is extremely gradual, starting 3 months after the first injection and achieving a maximum effect at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. I usually recommend starting with a series of three treatments before reassessing. I have never seen anyone blowing up like a chipmunk after three treatment sessions and I have been injecting Sculptra for over eight years.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon