Will the Effects of Sculptra Be Best if Used Before I Turn 40?

Will my age affect how my sunken cheeks will look when I have sculptra injected into fat pockets on my face? What are the results like for younger patients compared to older patients?

Long term followup with Sculptra

+2

Your question is a good one and I am happy to answer it. Having started to use Sculptra 10 years ago when it was produced in a European laboratory, I am in a unique postion to do so. I was practicing overseas at the time. First, I can tell you that the people I have the best long term followup on is my family and friends. They maintain their benefit for many many years. I have never seen anyone with deleterious effects of Sculptra which was manifest as a result of the passage of time.

Young people do very well. There are young people with prematurely deep nasolabial folds or sunken cheeks who do just as well as older patients. Age is not an issue.

Enjoy t

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

The benefits of Sculptra and Age

+1
The benefit of using Sculptra at age 35 or 40 or 45 is dependent on the amount of volume that you need correcting.  Generally speaking, the younger you are, the less volume that you need replaced, and the less Sculptra you need injecting.  Young patients do extremely well with Sculptra because it gives a natural result with only a vial or two.  Sculptra is a great product, especially for enhancing facial volume in the cheek area.  Please find an experienced board certified Dermatologist for your injections.

Sculptra Treatments: Age vs. Indications

+1

The major parameters we look at as Facial Plastic Surgeons are indications of facial aging; aging is more a function of physiology than chronology. Having Sculptra at age 39.5 will have about the same effect in collagen production as it will when you are 44.  If you have the sunken cheeks you describe, the only decision you must make is when you feel it is appropriate to address your concerns. Sculptra is a wonderful and consistent treatment for adding facial volume when used by an experienced injector.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/facialcosmetic-nonsurgical.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Age

+1

I wouldn't recommend basing your decision on when to have Sculptra injected on age. While young skin can in fact regenerate collagen more effectively, Sculptra still has very similar effects (and probably identical to the naked eye) on skin a few years older. However, you may enjoy the effects of Sculptra more if you start now and maintain, rather than wait for further signs of aging.

The best ages for Sculptra injections

+1

While it is true that younger patients often get a better response from Sculptra causing collagen production, you should never make your decision to have treatment based on your age. You will know when you are ready based on how you feel when you look in the mirror. I have patients in their 80's who have gotten nice results from Sculptra injections.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra injection for overall facial rejuvenation

+1

Sculptra should work well in the 40s and 50s so you don't need to feel that you have to use it before age 40. There is no problem with aging and the effects of Sculptra.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon