How Long Do the Results of Sculptra Last?

I read that it varies from one year to two (http://thebeautifulsecret.com/post/3486540420/how-long-does-sculptra-last-does-it-hurt). What determines the life span of it?

Sculptra

+1

The results from Sculptra can last 2-3 years.  I encourage patients to return for follow-up in about 1.5 years for an evaluation.

Sculptra Can Last Up to 2 Years

+1

The results from Sculptra® can last up to two years after doing the necessary amount of treatments to increase collagen production and restore volume and texture to your skin.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Scultra. How long does it last?

+1

I have been using Sculptra in my practice for several years and have been very impressed with the longevity  of results.  I recommend patients return in about a year to year and a half to reevaluate their results and consider getting a "booster" vial. I have seen that most of those patients who return have maintained a good correction.  We then sometimes choose to treat additional areas to maintain a natural appearing overall volume correction. Based on my personal experience I have seen improvement last 2 to 3 years. Certain patients who are very volume depleted to begin with may not have the same length of improvement.  I take pictures of all patients who have Sculptra as it is very easy to forget the starting point of each person. Patients themselves are frequently very surprised as they themselves don't always remember their pre-treatment appearance either.

Cynthia Poulos, MD
Northborough Plastic Surgeon

+1

I guess I'm the opposite. Full understanding is important. A "FULL" treatment could be 2 to 3 months or more and costs upto $5-6K. But if a FULL treatment is done the results could last a few years. But I would recommend a one time treatment of fat grafts of 50 to 100 cc's injected. About a week healing and the results could last as long if not longer. 

How long does sculptra last?

+1

Sculptra lasts long time.

Specifically, it can last for up to two years and if it is enhanced at the one year mark, probably longer.
Some of the duration depends on how much product is put in, some depends on how much collagen the person makes and some depends on how many sessions are undertaken.

Since Sculptra works by creating new collagen, the collagen created tends to be very durable.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Longevity of Sculptra injections

+1

After your Sculptra treatment, the increase in volume is correspondingly gradual, starting 3 months after the injection and achieving a maximum at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. Sculptra is gradually degraded into water and carbon dioxide over approximately 9 to 24 months and the newly formed collagen remains. Sculptra is the only FDA-approved filler that will last up to twenty-five months. A recent study showed that the majority of cosmetic patients would choose duration over immediacy when considering an injectable filler treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra can be the longest lasting filler

+1

The exact duration of the effects of Sculptra can vary depending on several factors.  Unlike other fillers, the volume produced by Sculptra is not a result of the product itself, but on the patient's own collagen production that is stimulated by the product.  The actual Sculptra particles are very small and are probably degraded by the body in 6-12months.  Think of the Sculptra as "fertilizer" for collagen growth.  If more treatments are done (3-5 are usually needed), then more collagen is produced depending on the volume needed for full correction.  This volume decreases with age just as it did the first time.  In patients who are older, who had less volume to start with, or who had fewer treatments, the results will decline more quickly.  Many patients retain their results for a minimum of two years and as many as five years with one or two touch-ups. 

Nancy Samolitis, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra results can last 2-3 years

+1

Sculptra is an injectable volumizer that stimulates the body to make collagen, resulting in increased volume and thicker skin. While the process takes multiple treatment sessions and the improvement is gradual, the results are long lasting. Improvement can last 2-3 years after being fully treated. I have been using Sculptra in my NYC office since its arrival to the US in 2004 and I find that it can give improvements that are unsurpassed by other available products. It can add volume to the cheeks, chin, forehead, and temples. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced with this product because many doctors do not have much experience with using Sculptra.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Sculptra results

+1

The increased collagen and volume that result from Sculptra injections can last anywhere from one to three years.  The factors that affect the longevity of volume include your age and great skin care- i.e. sun-avoidance, and the use of  skin care products such as anti-oxidants and retinols.  Don't forget we age daily, so in addition for the new collagen that was produced by the Sculptra, we will continue to lose facial fat, bone and collagen.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist