How Long I Have to Wait to Juvederm Settle in my Lower Lips, Its Been 2 Days?

I had juvederm 2 days ago lower lip and side of my mouth, have bunch of bruises and swollen, how I have to wait until settle in and looks good, I hate it right now..

Juvederm settling in the lips

+1

Generally speaking, it can take up to two weeks for Juvederm for completely settle in the lips.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to lower lips

+1

I would recommend that you wait two weeks with icing on and off, and Arnica use. If you are still unhappy, make a follow up with the Dr and discuss options they feel would be best at the time.

How long for Juvederm to settle in lips

+1

It can take up to 2 weeks for juvederm or restylane to settle in the lips as there can be bruising and swelling. Be patient, in most cases things settle down very very nicely without any problem. If you have any concerns, make sure to have a 2 week follow-up booked with your physician.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to lower lips

+1

Juvederm does have the potential for causing bruising and swelling, like any filler. I tell my patients to wait 2 weeks. If at that point you are still unsatisfied, your injector can discuss either the antidote to eat up the product (hyaluronidase) or more filler to even out the current injection. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Juvederm for the lower lip

+1

It takes about 2 weeks to see the final result from your Juvederm treatment.  If you are not happy with your result at that time, please return to your doctor for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

A week - two weeks for Juvaderm to fully settle.

+1

Juvaderm / fillers in general will take a little while to calm down. A couple of things that will help are:

1) For the bruising using Arnica cream or gel a couple times a day. 

2) Avoid salty foods and getting your heart rate up too much, this will cause more swelling. 

3) Know that in the morning after you wake up and have been laying flat you will be more swollen. Apply an ice pack to help the swelling go down more quickly. 

4) Drink lots of water. 

Hope this helps! 

Frederick Lester, MD

Juvederm in lips at 2 days

+1

I think that you need to give it two weeks to settle down. The lips can get quite swollen.  Funny many patients who were timid about a second syringe in the lips during the initial treatment will come back at two weeks and say that they want more filler when the swelling subsides.

Juvederm result at 2 days

+1

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm result.

1. Bad bruising and lumpiness can happen with fillers but it is uncommon.
  2. Give bruising 10 days to subside, swelling about 5.
  3. Call the doctor who treated you and see him/her 5-7 days after treatment for examination and massage of the Juvederm lumps.
  4. Usually with time things are fine. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD