How Long Do Incisional Double Eyelid Surgeries Last?

I've recently gotten an incisional double eyelid surgery. I'm satisfied with the results but I'm worried that they'll become "undone" (they've swelled down a lot from the last day). So my question is..is it possible for the surgery to become undone?

Permanent

+1

In most cases, the results obtained from incisional surgery are permanent. That is the main benefit of this surgery over the less aggressive double eyelid surgery.

Be patient and allow your eyelids to heal.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Incisional double eyelid surgery can last forever

+1

ideally, this kind of surgery will not become undone.  after the internal sutures are placed, scar tissue forms that makes the result permanent.  even then, the double fold can be lost in some instances.

as people get older, the eyelid skin becomes looser and can cover the eyelid skin under the double fold, resulting in what appears to be a loss of the fold.

bottom line, is that you shouldn't worry and that most people have a stable, lasting fold. as long as you are careful with your eyes and don't rub them too much, you should be ok.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon