Thick Double Eyelid Surgery Has Too Big a Crease, Want to Retry? (photo)

Hi, I'm a korean female, age 30, had double eyelid surgery 9 months ago on my thick eyelids and the crease is too big and it has the side V shape rather than a flat line shape which I wanted. I wanted a small lid, and though I told the doctor, he gave me a big lid. I went back to him and he said there was nothing he could do and that I should get a scalp lift (?) so my eyes wouldn't be so thick/heavy. I really think he did a bad job but need a second opinion. How soon before I can try again?

Double eyelid surgery and fold that is too high

+1

The high fold could be causing you to have problems opening your eye. You could need some attention to the levator and raising it to help your issue. This would be called a ptosis repair. The crease needs to be readjusted as well.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis surgery needed

+1

in my opinion, you have ptosis which needs to be addressed.  this means your eyelids are droopy and the position of your upper eyelids needs to be raised.

i am not sure which photo represents your postop results.  if the ptosis is addressed, the fold will look smaller.  there are also ways to lower the eyelid fold which are quite simple.  the biggest issue you need addressed is your ptosis.  i do not believe a browlift will help you.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon