How long will it take for uneven nostrils to even out after rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago and my nostrils are uneven , one is bigger than the other. It's kinda noticeable. The tip is also still hard. Will my nostrils stay this way , if not how long will it take for them to get even?

How long will it take for uneven nostrils to even out after rhinoplasty?

+1
It is simply too early to make a judgement about the final result.

Los Angeles, CA.

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1
asymmetry after rhinoplasty can be very normal.  Here are a few things to remember.

#1 asymmetry of the nostrils often exists before surgery and is present after surgery.  Altering nostril asymmetry is one of the most difficult and least predictable portions of a rhinoplasty.
#2 it is very normal for the nose to be stiff and the tip to be stiff or hard particularly if there was any cartilage grafting performed during the procedure.
#3 rhinoplasty success is measured in months and years, not weeks and months.  The patient

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Rhinoplasty1998,

• It is normal to have asymmetric swelling for up to six months after rhinoplasty
  • I would bring this up to your surgeon who can advise you better
  • The tip will be firm in the healing stages
  • If a columellar strut graft (or something similar to support the tip ) was placed, it will be firm for many years, but will soften over the first few months
  • You want it to be a little firm so that it does not droop as you get older

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD