How to Fix Hole in Nose Caused by Cocaine Use?

I have a hole in my nose (still growing) from doing cocaine about 5 years ago. I've stopped the drugs for over 3years now but my nose is falling apart and its really depressing me. What can I do to fix it? I know the cartilage wont grow back so for the last 1.5 yrs I've been putting Ayr nasal gel and petroleum jelly on the exposed cartilage. Now the whole nose is caving in on me and there is a hole the size of my index finger that can almost fit through from one side to the other. PLEASE HELP ME

Treatment of septal perforation

+1
A septal perforation can be treated surgically by either a plastic surgeon or an ENT. As with other forms of substance abuse, anesthesia and analgesia become concerns as your body will not normally metabolize the anesthetic agent and it will take more than usual to sedate you. There is always concern about addiction to the postop pain medication as well as that it will not hold you, so the postop course will be more painful for you.

Repairing hole in nose due to cocaine use

+1

A hole in the nose (septal perforation) caused by cocaine use is often treated with a septal button.  Placement of the septal button is a surgical procedure.  Consult with an otolaryngologist in your area to determine if this is an option for you.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com