How Long After Treatment of Botox and Fillers Till Your Face Looks Better?

I'm going on hoildays and wondering if there is a period after your treatment that your face needs to look normal

I recommend having your botox or fillers 2 weeks before your event

+2

When getting fillers or Botox, I recommend giving yourself at least 2 weeks before and event or other major plans. This is because there is some time required for the botox to start working and for the filler to "settle". Botox can take 5-7 days to start working and it reaches it's maximum peak at 10 days. Fillers work immediately but look better 2 weeks later. This is because they absorb moisture, like an internal sponge.  Also, it takes some time for the swelling and bruising to go away.

How long after fillers and Botox to look good

+1

I would say 7-10 days. By then the Botox will have kicked in and any small bruises form the injections used for that or the fillers should be gone.

Julio Garcia, MD

Healing from Botox and Fillers

+1

It can take up to 7 days for botox to kick in so you see some definine changes to your wrinkles.  As per fillers, depending on the filler utilized and the area treated, swelling can resolve as quickly as 1-2 days to up to a week. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Two weeks for full effect of botox

+1

Dear Patient, it takes two weeks for the full effect of Botox. Once your treatment is done, you should be presentable right away. If there are any bruises, you can cover them up easily with makeup.

It is normal to have swelling 24 hours after receiving fillers. The results however are immediate. You may have occasional minor bruising depending on  the sites injected

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Time Before Botox and Fillers Improve Wrinkles

+1

Neuromodulators, such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin, don't work right away. These office treatments require approximately a few days to a week to see results. These cosmetic procedures last about 3 months. Results with facial fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, are immediate. However, mild swelling or bruising may be possibly be present for approximately a day to a week, after which you can better appreciate and enjoy your results. The facial fillers may last 6 months to a year.

Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing from Botox and Fillers

+1

Hello there,

A patient should notice a difference with Botox injections in 3-7 days.  There should be little bruising or swelling.  With other injectables allow 2 weeks to see the final results and for the bruising and swelling to disappear.

Dr. David Alessi

David Alessi, MD

Botox results in 3-5 days, but schedule 2 weeks before big event

+1

You should see results from your Botox injections within about 3-5 days;  Filler results should be seen pretty much immediately, but you will see some swelling which may take a few days to settle out as well.  Bruising can occur with any injectable treatment.  This is not expected, but  does happen.  Minimize your risk by avoiding any aspirin or aspirin related products for a week before your treatments.

Because of the possibility of bruising, and to allow for  touch ups (if needed), I like to perform treatments no closer than 2 weeks to a big event to make sure you can look your best.  

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing from Botox only takes a few days

+1

Most patients start to see the effects of their Botox treatment in 2-3 days with maximum effect in about one week.      Because there is a small risk of a droopy eyelid which can last up to three weeks, I recommend getting Botox at least three weeks before a big event where you may have pictures taken such as a wedding or a reunion.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox effects peak at 3-5 days but have very little bruising and swelling.  Fillers and how quickly you will look good or presentable depend on the following factors.

1. Most importantly, the ability of the MD injecting the fillers to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  There's no inherent magic in any filler.  The magic must reside in the aesthetics of the MD to choose the right filler, in the right amount and in the proper situation to create the desired results.
  2. The amount and type of filler used.  Thicker fillers like Radiesse tend to have more residual swelling, lumpiness and bruising than thinner ones like Perlane.  Restylane and Juvederm are too thin, IMO, for facial shaping/contouring anything other than lips.  If someone wants facial shaping and has an important event that day or the next, Perlane is our filler of choice.  We call it our "red carpet" filler.  have it in the morning and you'll be ready for the red carpet that evening.
  3. The patients sensitivity to bruise and swell varies amount patients.

How long will it take?

+1

Filler results will be immediate, but you may see some additional swelling-this may be more evident in the lips, taking up to 5 to 7 days to settle; botox results will take 10 to 14 days in a first time patient. I have seen some repeat patients see results from botox within 3days.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon