How Long Does Botox Take to Work?

I am 24. My frown lines are very deep especially for my age. I had botox twice. I am not able to frown, however, I have not seen a difference in my frown lines. My dermatologist did not want to give me more than 20 units. Do I just need more Botox or another treatment? I have had the lines Since I was 22.

Botox Cosmetic Takes 3-10 days to see full results

+2

Botox Cosmetic Often begins to work within 3-5 days. However, you may not see the full result until 10-14 days. If you are unable to frown but still have lines in that area, you may need fillers or kin resurfacing as well.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Frown lines and Botox

+2

Botox usually takes about a week to work and then lasts for several months.  The lines may take several treatments to efface. If they are really bad some filler can be injected (off-label) to help soften them.

Botox takes 2 weeks to fully work; Dysport takes 5 days.

+1
Botox and Dysport both work by blocking the signal between the nerve and the muscle that creates facial expression. Though they are the same active molecule (botulinum toxin A), they are wrapped in different carrier molecules. This difference accounts for the fact that Botox takes up to two weeks to achieve full effect, and Dysport achieves it in about 5 days. They both start working sooner (even as soon as the next day after treatment) but give them both time to settle in before deciding how you feel about your new treatment. Hopefully you love it!

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

How Long Does Botox Take to Work?

+1
If you haven't seen a big difference after 2 Botox treatments its time to think outside the box.
You have lost some volume in the area, both in the skin and under the skin. So injecting dermal fillers to replenish the volume and 'plump' up the skin will help. Since you are 24, I would expect your skin to be good. But skin care + sun block is another avenue that you should consider.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

How long his Botox take to work?

+1
 Botox tends to take effect starting on day 2 after the injection.  The Maximum effect after the injection is at day 7. The Botox effect tends to last 3-8 months, depending upon where was injected, how much was injected, the concentration of the Botox and underlying muscle anatomy.

Botox and filler for deep wrinkles

+1

If you are not able to frown after your Botox injections and the lines are deep, you require filler to plump up the lines.  Please visit an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for your treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox Not Working

+1

In the event that botox does not provide sufficient correction to the frownlines, you may need to combine botox with juvederm or consider laser. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert physician injectors/board certified plastic surgeons to review your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox and lines

+1

Botox works b weakening the muscles so the skin will not fold as much. If you have wrinkles at rest when you are not flexing or using your forehead muscles, then Botox will never eliminate those lines. You might need Botox and in addition either fillers or a laser.

Julio Garcia, MD

How long to see effects of Botox

+1

Botox usually takes between 3 and 7 days to work, but may take up to two weeks in some people.  If the frown lines are persisting after this time period you may want to consider adding filler to soften the depth of the frown lines.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

How long does it take botox to work?

+1

It generally takes 5-7 days to have botox to take its full effect.    The muscle relaxation/paralysis (ie Botox effects) generally lasts for 3-5 months.  Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS