Is It Safe for Me to Get Juviderm & Botox at the Same Appt. if I Have Graves Disease?

I am currently not on any meds bcus we are still feeling my amount of medication out. I do have graves disease and when I do take my meds, I take methimazole 5mg. Per day. 10 mg. Per day made me go hypothyroid. Is it safe for me to get 20 units of botox and one syringe of juviderm at the same appointment? I am 27 years old and this will be my first time getting any injectable. Thank you.

Juvederm and Botox with Graves disease

Both Juvederm and Botox are safe to use in anyone who has a well controlled "auto immune" disease like Grave's. Fortunately, Juvederm is comprised of hyaluronic acid which has no organ or species specificity. In theory there is no risk of an allergic reaction. That is why skin testing is not necessary before injecting hyaluronic acid. Botox is similarly quite safe. They can both be injected on the same visit.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

325 Dorset Street
South Burlington, VT 05403

Can I get Botox and Juvederm at same visit?

As long as your medical issues are stable there should be no problem getting either treatment and there is no problem getting both during the same visit.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

79-59 Myrtle Avenue
Glendale, NY 11385

Botox and Juvederm combination is very safe

Yes, the combination of Botox and Juvederm is very safe and very commonly performed in good candidates.  It is also safe in patients with Graves disease that is well managed.  Make sure you discuss with your doctor if you are a good candidate for both Botox and Juvederm.  Best of luck.

Daniel Yamini, MD

9201 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069

With stable Grave's disease this should not be a problem.

Just be certain that your injecting physician is aware of your medical status.  They will assess you and if appropriate offer you these services.  If there is a concern based on their evaluation of you, they will let you know.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Juvederm and Botox same day

Yes, having both types of aesthetic injection treatments at the same time is safe and a common practice.  Be certain to ask your practitioner of things you can do or avoid ahead of time to minimize bruising.

Combining dermal fillers with Botox or Dysport is an excellent treatment plan.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Botox and Juvederm on same visit with Graves disease.

Treatment with Botox and Juvederm should be safe at the same visit as long as the Graves disease is stable and not actively causing problems with your eyes. Consider having this done by an oculoplastic surgeon in your area, who often times is an expert in both Botox/Juvederm and Graves eye disease.

Good Luck!

John H. Hunts MD, PhD
Eugene Oculoplastic Surgeon

2550 Willakenzie Road
Eugene, OR 97401

Fillers and Botox in Graves patient

There should not be any interaction between your medications and the fillers and Botox.

Julio Garcia, MD

6020 South Rainbow Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89118

As long as your physician evaluates your Graves disease and feels that the treatments are indicated, then there should be no problem using both injectables at the same time. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Botox and Juvederm in Patient with Graves Disease

Your Graves Disease will not interfere with getrting both Juvederm and Botox during the same visit . However, I always tell patients to get clearance from the physician who id monitoring their thyroid disease.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Juvederm and Botox can both be done the same day

Combination of fillers and Botox are often done the same day. I peform the injection of the filler first so that the Botox won't be manipulated by anything after it is injected. Neither of these treatments seem to interfere with patients who have thryoid disease but you can check with  your physician.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016