Botox 1 Wk Ago - Brows Now Asymmetrical. Is 1 Wk Long Enough to Tell or Should I Wait to Go Back?

I got botox for lines on forehead & bunny line on 1 side. I felt my dr put more on 1 side of my forehead than the other (assumed there was a reason). Now,1wk later,brow on side she favored is very lifted (esp. outer 1/3, esp. when I raise them). I dont care if both brows angle up like that 1 or both are normal like the other-as long as theyre a matching pair. Its the gross asymmetry I cant do. Is 1wk long enough to give? Should it be fixed free? Should I just go elsewhere after such bad results?

Asymmetry after Botox injections. It cna take up to 10 dasy for the full effect to kicj in so waiting a bit is wise. If it is si

+1

I would give it a full ten days to make sure the effects of the Botox have fully kicked in. If after that you are uneven, then you might need more, whether the doctor gives you a discount is up to them but I would not expect it for free.

Botox for forehead wrinkles

+1

Botulinum toxin (Botox) typically has it's maximal effect at 10-14 days.  If asymmetry persists beyond this time it is best to revisit your physician and discuss options.  Typically these asymmetries can be addressed with additional, appropriately placed botulinum toxin injections.

Ronald Mancini, MD
Dallas Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox results asymmetrical, what should I do?

+1

You are not alone if you have asymmetrical results following Botox.  Not only can dosing vary from one side to the other, but the amount your muscle contract can factor in as well.  At 10-14 days you should be experiencing the maximal effect of Botox and this is a great time to come back to your MD for "touch-ups."  Whether or not it is fixed for a price or for free differs among practices, and hopefully this was something they discussed up front with you at the initial injection.  Good luck!

Michael A. Fallucco, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry from Botox forehead treatment

+1

It is highly suggested to wait two weeks to ensure that you have the full onset of action of the Botox before adjusting the result, otherwise, you may change that which is still changing and you may overdo it.  Your doctor will evaluate if you just need more units in one area. Some patients do have more muscle strength on one side than another. It is prudent to be cautious and add later than to put in too much initially, since it can't be reversed.  If your forehead just needs more units than was injected, and if your doctor charges per unit, then there might be an additional charge. This would make sense as the next time you have a forehead treatment you would have a total number of units than you did the first time so that your stronger one-sided muscles are treated and this generates a higher price. Other physicians may charge one price per cosmetic unit and might not charge for secondary treatment within a few weeks of the treatment, but that might indicate that some patients who need less units per cosmetic area treated are paying the same as others who need more units in the same site. There is no right or wrong. Speak to your physician and if you can be patient, schedule now a follow-up appoinment to be at the two week point from the treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Assymetrical Brows after Botox

+1

We typically recommend a 2 week period before doing any touch-ups.  It is normally an easy thing to address and can be remedied.  I recommend following up with your injector and discussing your concerns.  Most providers are more than happy to make a correction if needed.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Asymmetrical brows after Botox

+1

The full effects of Botox are usually seen at 1-2 weeks following the injection.  It is usually not difficult to address brow/forehead asymmetries with very few units of botox.  Every provider has his/her own touch-up policy.  

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Asymmetry after Botox

+1

Give it at least two weeks before you do anything.  If you are still unhappy after two weeks, return to your injector so that she can evaluate your problem.  Any experienced injector has had problems with asymmetry so this does not necessarily mean that you went to a bad injector.  All injectors charge differently.  This would be something to discuss on your return visit.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox-eyebrow asymmetry

+1

I would give the doctor that did the procedure a call.  Sometimes this can happen when treating forehead lines, and additional Botox can even things out.  If you feel uncomfortable with the doctor after calling, I would seek a second opinion.   Lana Long, M. D.

Lana Long, MD
Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon