Lipo / Tummy Tuck for $4,500 in Philadelphia?

I Live in Philadelphia Looking on Spending 4500 on Lipo/tummy Tuck. i work in the health care field and I'm familiar with the fees but i wanted to know if its possible to have this done with the price i gave or if there is a discount fee for related health care workers. I also don't mind having it done in the tri-state area?

Discounted Lipo & Tummy Tuck

+2

The cost in Louisville for a tummy tuck with lipo exceeds $4,500 and the costs in Philadelphia are I am sure generally a good bit more.  Your best bet if you are unwilling or unable to spend more would be to see if there is a Resident's Clinic at UPenn or one of the other area training programs.

Costs of Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck discount

+1

I must agree with the majority of my colleagues. While most surgeons offer a discount for a number of reasons, including other health care workers, virtually no discount could ever bring the overall price down that low. In fact, that is about half of what most tristate area plastic surgeons charge. In my practice, the average all inclusive price of a tummy tuck is $7500. This includes board certified anesthesia and facility costs. Be very careful about signing up for something "cheap" when you are looking for something worth the cost. Good luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cost of tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Hi,

Find your plastic surgeon before you comprimise anything with price.  Once you establish plastic surgeons that would be acceptable to you, discuss their fees and see where it goes.

Most of us are pretty reasonable when confronted with another health care provider and quite frankly, a plastic surgeon being asked by another in our field is quite an honor, especially if at an OR we work etc.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Lipo / Tummy Tuck for $4,500 in Philadelphia

+1

Some surgeons offer professional discounts. However, you should not risk safety or quality for a relatively small savings. Check the ASPS website for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Consult with 5 - 6 in your area to find one that best meets your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Costs?

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will vary  significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be  of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully. Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).

If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”,  wait on having the surgery until you can afford them.  Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.

Tummy tuck fees

+1

I would say that the fee you mention would be quite low in NYC.  Remember sometimes what you pay for is what you get, and you  may end up paying more in the long run for repairs.

Tummy tuck: $3500 Do I have any takers?

+1

This would be relatively low for the complexity of the procedure. One other option is to contact the plastic surgery department at the local universtiy and inquire as to options for resident supervised trainng,

Fees for lipo/tummy tuck

+1

The price range may be bit low for what you want to do.the surgeon determines the fees and whether or not he or she will extend discounts for health care workers.I would urge you not to just trust your body to the lowest bidder.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Fees?

+1

Fees.  Think about what has to be paid for to accomplish what you want.  Once you price in the cost of anaesthesia,  monitors and equipment,  the surgery and aftercare, as well as the facility, the cost has to be  much higher than the number you mentioned.  

The quality of the facility, the equipment available, the emergency systems in place,  and the regular inspection, repair, and maintenance of any reputable facility  costs money.  If you want to benefit from it, you will have to pay for using it.

People think nothing of spending 15 or 20  thousand on a car that they will drive for at most 10 years, but some people will  complain about spending far less than that  for correction of something that they will enjoy every single day, and that will last the rest of  their entire life!  Does that make sense to you?

Do you want to have your surgery in a place that is not properly equipped and staffed and maintained?   I would be very suspicious of anyone (Bubba's Discount Surgery Warehouse And Used Furniture Emporium or whatever)  who could provide the services you want at those prices.  Corners would have to be cut somewhere...  I would not want my surgery at a place like that, because I might end up being a statistic, a bad one...

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD