My Compression Garment Keeps Riding Up over my Incision. Should I Be Worried About This?

I just had a full tummy tuck on Nov. 11, 2010. My doctor said to keep my incision covered with the binder, but it rides up every time I move. It is really stressing me out.

Compression binder riding up

+1

Yes,this does happen on occasion. You may need a different size binder or to be re-wrapped by your surgeon. We want the binder to fit correctly so it can do its job.  Don't stress.  Call your plastic surgeon and see him in followup so he can assess the situation and correct it.

Binder issues

+1

Yes, binders tend to ride up a bit in some individuals depending upn the type of garment being used and how the patient is sitting or moving. It can be adjusted or you can also reinforce the incision with some dressings.  Check with your doctor.

High riding binder

+1

The problem with a high riding binder is that it sometimes acts like a tourniquet and can increase the swelling above the abdominal scar.

Annoying Binder after Tummy Tuck

+1

i think you have a couple of options: one would be to get a better fitting binder from your surgeon. The second option would be to place a bandage (gauze, ABD pad, etc) over the incision then place your binder.  Consult with your surgeon to his/her opinion about your issue.

Dr. ES

Compression garment after tummy tuck

+1

Five days after abdominoplasty, if your binder keeps riding up, and it is stressing you out, the best thing to do is to call your plastic surgeon. What to do depends on why it is riding up, and they are in the best position to help, without causing a new problem. You may need a different garment. You may to wear it lower. However, your surgeon should be the one to make that determination. You plastic surgery is team work, and good team work depends on good communication between teammates.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Don't be Too Worried about Your Garment and Tummy Tuck Incision

+1

In general, you want your compression garment over your tummy tuck incision.  You may have more swelling than usual, the garment may be too small, or you may be wearing it incorrectly.  I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon to make sure your garment fits, and if it does not, then get a new one or larger one.