Can I Get a Tummy Tuck if my Omentum Has Been Removed?

Can U Get a T. Tuck After Your Omentum Has Been Removed?

Yes, you can have a tummy tuck if your omentum has been removed

+2

omentum is inside the abdomen. its previous removal has no effect on your ability to have a tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulfigure.com/tummytuck_candidate.htm

Omentum and tummy tuck

+1

The omentum is found deep to the muscle layers and in no way will get in the way of a tummy tuck. You should be fine.

A Tummy Tuck CAN be done after an Omentectomy providing it was not done for Cancer

+1
It itself an omentectomy (the removal of the fatty apron draping from the greater curvature of the stomach) is not significant except when done in cancer cases. If you had or , worse yet, are recovering from cancer surgery then you should clear this with your cancer doctors. Otherwise - there is NO reason why you could not have a Tummy Tuck after an omentectomy. Dr. Peter Aldea

Tummy Tuck without Omentum

+1

There is no reason you can't have a tummy tuck after the removal of your omen tum.When doing a Tummy y tuck you never go into the abdomen so all should be fine.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Prior abdominal surgery and tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck should not be effected by your prior history of omental resection unless you have a resulting hernia or transverse scar which could require more extensive surgery or interfere with the blood supply to the skin, respectively.

Tummy Tuck if my Omentum Has Been Removed

+1

Most likely but I would want to know the reason for the omental removal. Please see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

There is No Relationship Between Tummy Tuck and Omentum

+1

There is no particular relationship between your omentum and a tummy tuck.  Having previously had your omentum removed (although I am curious as to why which you failed to mention) should not interfere with having a tummy tuck performed, assuming that there is not more to the story.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.