Liposuction on the Pubic Area?

I was wondering if there is a way to have Liposuction on a woman's pubic area? I had lost weight and have a fatty patch down there.

Liposuction of the pubic region

+2

The mons, or pubic area, is an area that is commonly addressed after significant weight loss.  If your problem is only fat, liposuction can certainly help.  If your issue also includes excess skin, an excision of the extra tissue may be in order.  Ask a Board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Pubic Area

+2

Yes, liposuction will correct a fatty deposit, but will not correct loose or sagging skin.  I would speak with a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/liposuction-austin-CAL-custom-acoustic-liposuction.html

Very common procedure - liposuction pubic area

+2

that is very common request and procedure. that will be done as a separate procedure or along with tummy tuck. this procedure has a very predictable result.

Lipo the mons

+2

Nanoush,

The area that you are referring to is known as the mons pubis and can readily be contoured with liposuction.  I sometimes include liposuction in this area when performing tummy tuck surgery, but it can certainly be performed as an isolated procedure.  Good luck!

Liposuction of the mons pubis

+2

I perform liposuction of the mons pubis fairly frequently.  It is an excellent adjunct to other body contour procedures.  The area will stay swollen a bit longer than some other areas treated.

Pubic area liposuction a good option

+2

Liposuction is the preferred treatment for localized subcutaneous fat that does not respond to diet or exercise. It works well in most areas of the body.

The pubic area is normally evaluated as part of abdominal contouring (liposuction or tummy tuck), but can be done selectively. Your surgeon may focus on whether you have looseness in addition to excess fat during an examination. Liposuction alone would not tighten looseness in that area, which often occurs with major weight loss. If that were an issue, tummy tuck with specific tightening of the pubic area would be better.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Liposuction can be done on the pubic area

+2

Disproportionate fullness and fatty accumulation can occur in the pubic area resulting in an unpleasing prominence. Liposculpture of this area can be done to achieve a more pleasing contour using a combination of technques including Smart Lipo, a new method of liposuction that uses laser light to liquifey fat and tighten the surrounding skin. This technique involves less side effects and downtime than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits.

Pubic area liposuction is very common and straightforward

+2

What you are describing is very common and straightforward, and will usually result in very nice results.  It can be done traditionally, or even be combined with ultrasound to help break up some of the tougher areas of fat in this area, but either way works well.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Liposuction in the pubic area is common

+2

The fatty patch you have is very common and the best way to decrease the size is with liposuction. Many times this done at the time of a tummy tuck or other liposuction. The area may get loose and you will notice some skin laxity but his is generally better than the fullness of the fat patch.

Liposuction in this area will give you some bruising and swelling into the labia that will require some support and compression but should go away.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Mons Pubic area

+1

Fat removal from the pubic area is frequently requested in my private practice. Liposuction of the pubis area is very effective in removing this fat which is usually resistant to diet and exercise. I routinely perform this procedure in my Atlanta practice.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com/body-procedures-atlanta/liposuction/mon-pubis-liposuction/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.