Liposuction for Love Handles and Mid-section Fat Cost?

I would like to have Liposuction on just my love handles and a little on the mid-section. I was wondering about cost? I am 70 or 71 inches tall and weigh 94 kilos. I'm 67 years old and in good physical condition other than a bad lower back. Thank you.

Manage your love handles and midsection

+2

Liposuction of male "love handles" or the area above the hip/belt line is generally very successful because of the thickness of the overlying skin, which redrapes beautifully after the excess fat is suctioned. While some surgeons will do this in the lateral position (lying on the side), I generally prefer to have the patient prone (face down) and then convert to supine (face up), in order to "finish" the front part. The midsection can be described as being above or below the belly button. The surgeon's fee for bilateral love handles and abdomen ranges from $2500-3500, however there are additional costs for anesthesia and the facility. The ASPS recommends that no more than 5liters are removed in a single session and this would probably be in excess of the areas you are targeting.

It is vital for you to disclose all medical conditions you may have in order to ensure a safe passage through your surgery. If you take pain killers such as Advil, Naproxen, etc. for your back, let your surgeon know, so that you can avoid them for 7-10 days preop, in order to avoid excessive bruising. Also be realistic about the fat that can be shifted on your abdomen: If you can pinch more than an inch over your belly, then your physician can address it. Many men hold fat, internally, around their intestines and this is just not amenable to liposuction cannulas. Good luck.

Combination Liposuction in the Midwest Ranges from $4000-$5000

+1

Liposuction costs vary and are dependent upon multiple factors.  These include the surgeons fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, location of the liposuction procedure and the type of liposuction performed.  The approach to liposuction varies from physician to physician.  Some surgeons use general anesthesia, some use a hospital, and some use techniques that involve expensive technology.  Each of these variables can affect the cost of liposuction.

It’s important to meet with a physician and know exactly what he or she is talking about.  Make sure you’re not talking apples and oranges and that you’re getting a fee quote for a comparable procedure.

In the midwestern United States, combination liposuction fees range from $4,000 to $5,000.  This would typically include the surgeons fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges and after care.  Cost is obviously important, but it’s also important to be comfortable with the surgeons qualifications and experience.  Make sure you get all your questions answered and are comfortable with your surgeon.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Cost

+1
In Toronto, Ontario, you can expect to pay around $5000-$8000. The cost of liposuction depends on a number of factors, including:

the technique
the surgeon
the city you are in

You should really talk to the surgeon you're interested in to find out the cost for your procedure. A discount may only be available if you get liposuction performed in conjunction with another procedure, such as a tummy tuck. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Liposuction of midsection and love handles, cost?

+1

Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon. There are many variables in price. Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc). Beware of bargain basement pricing. Cheap can become expensive quickly. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Liposuction

+1

Hello. Liposuction pricing varies depending on surgeon and location. Pricing could range anywhere from $4500 - 6000. You will need clearance from your primary care doctor. Then you will need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in liposuction for best results. Good luck to you.

Jaime Perez, MD

Baltimore, around $6k all included

+1

This is based on lipo to the love handles and lower abdomen. I checked with two other guys and we were pretty close (to my surprise, as I thought I'd be getting a range).

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Cost for liposuction

+1

You will find that there can be significant differences in prices between areas of the country and within the same city. I charge $6200-$6900 for two areas of liposuction. The difference in cost is the OR/anesthesia as it depends on how much fat you have to be remove. At your size you're probably on the low end.

With that said, for God's sake do not choose your surgery based on price! This is a huge mistake. You must connect to your surgeon. He/she must be someone you trust, has educated you and you feel like a partner in the decision making process. See several surgeons or as many as you need until you find the one that you have a good fit with.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

In Manhattan, the total cost of liposuction of the stomach and love handles is about $8000.

+1

Hi!

Costs are significantly higher in New York City than in many other parts of the country. For liposuction of the stomach and love handles in our Manhattan practice, we charge about $8000. This includes the operating room cost and the anesthesia.

With a couple of consultations, you can find out what the norm is in your community. And then, don't shop for price. That can be dangerous.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)